At the event, we learned about the new scents of Pine-Sol (Lavender Clean is my favorite!) and talked about how using Pine-Sol products to clean the home can make life easier for busy moms and dads, so they can savor some “me” time.
The Value of Pine-Sol Cleaners
- Pine-Sol cleaners are concentrated and can be diluted for most cleaning jobs. For general cleaning, a 500mL bottle of Pine-Sol gives you 33 liters of cleaning power! This means not having to pay more for watered-down cleaners anddisinfectants.
- One cleaner, multiple uses. You could spend your money on different cleaners for your furniture, toilet, floors, counters, and appliances OR use Pine-Sol all purpose cleaner on all the surfaces throughout your home.
- Cleans, disinfects, and deodorizes. No need for air fresheners, scented candles, or deodorizing sprays. Pine-Sol leaves you with the refreshing scent of a clean home.
- Pick the right strength for you. Unlike with watered down cleaners or pre-mixed sprays, you can mix Pine-Sol with water at different strengths for different household needs.
- No special tools needed. Pine-Sol works with everything from rags, mops, and brushes, to microfiber cloths and even paper towels.
- Clean once, and get the job done right. No need to go back over your work, saving you time and energy.
The day started off with a Beginners’ Yoga class at the hotel’s SoFit studio. Okay, I have to admit — I skipped this part. You see, exercise and I, we don’t really mix well. I use a treadmill at home, and try to have a massage once a week, and that’s pretty much it 🙂
After the yoga class, I met up with the rest of the moms, and we were treated to a series of health and wellness talks covering topics such as how to lose 1 pound a week, and how to go on your own Detox Program (I’ll share what I learned below, so read on!).
Agnes Tumaneng, RND, Sofitel’s in-house nutritionist, explains the science of weight management, and teaches us how to lose 1 pound a week. In a nutshell, you must burn 3,500 calories to lose 1 pound. You can do this by reducing your daily caloric intake by 500 calories, and at the end of the week, you should be 1 pound lighter! You can also burn 500 calories per day with extra exercise.
- Drink a large glass of fresh lemon juice prepared with purified water as soon as you wake up in the morning.
- Take a probiotic supplement with live cultures on a empty stomach (early morning or before bedtime). The beneficial bacteria kills harmful bacteria and yeasts, and helps in healing the intestines.
- Eat at least 3 servings of detoxifying foods everyday, such as broccoli, garlic, spinach, cabbage, blueberries, and ginger.
- Try going on a raw vegan cleanse. Raw fruits and vegetables contain enzymes that aid in digestion and improve nutrient absorption.
- Consume at least a half cup of fiber daily.
- Make sure you get at least 30 minutes of exercise daily. Sweating is one of the best ways to remove harmful toxins from your body.
- Drink LOTS of water for maximum hydration.
We enjoyed a lovely, calorie-counted lunch while listening to the talks. All restaurants should do this:
We all got to take home personalized goody bags! Want to see what’s inside? 🙂
I had such a lovely time with these ladies. Thank you, Pine-Sol!
PINE-SOL is available in Original, Lemon Fresh, Orange Energy, Lavender Clean, and Sparkling Wave. Sold in leading supermarkets nationwide.
Supplementary images courtesy of Jay Santos for Pine-Sol (photos 2-4, 7-9, 16-17, and 19-20)