What is a Lego Certified Store and how is it different from other stores that sell Lego products?
Aside from all the elements of a Lego Certified Store being specially designed by the Lego Group, it also has the following unique features:
- Pick-a-Brick Wall is my favorite feature of the Certified Store. This is basically a custom-built Lego wall with giant canisters filled with LEGO bricks and elements. Shoppers can hand-pick and select whichever pieces they need.
- You can also Build a Mini Figure by choosing your own head, body parts, and accessories, at the store’s Build-a-Mini Wall.
- A Brand Ribbon with fully-assembled Lego sets around the circumference of the store to inspire LEGO fans.
- The Living Room is a fun and interactive play area designed to give children a “hands-on, minds-on” experience with LEGO bricks.
- You can buy Personalized Lego Keychains in various colors, including gold! Simply pick your color and have them engraved on the spot (10 characters max).
- Kids can join the store’s Monthly Mini Build Sessions, where they learn to assemble a Lego figure and take it home for free! The sessions are open to kids aged 6-14 years, but they do allow kids as young as 4 or 5 to participate with the help of a guardian.
And when you purchase P3,000 worth of Lego Certified Store items, you’ll get to take home Lego sets for free. Argh, I’m so excited to shop!
Get ready to enjoy all these, plus shop for the largest collection of Lego sets in the country, when the very first Lego Certified Store in Manila opens its doors this May 12, 2015!
The Lego Certified Store is located at Park Triangle BGC, which also happens to be the future site of Kidzania. There will be a private event for media in the morning, but the store will be open to the public by 1pm on the same day, so mark your calendars!
To celebrate the store opening, build anything that represents education using 20 Lego bricks, upload on Instagram and tag @legostoreph #legostoreXwv #BrickstoClassrooms, and Lego Philippines will donate P100 for EACH and EVERY entry to World Vision, to help them build classrooms for Filipino schoolkids!
Congratulations LAJ Philippines and The Lego Group!
* Supplementary images courtesy of Lego Certified Store Philippines